This is a Heavy-Duty, Code Learning, Flip Key Remote that is designed to work with the following BMW models:
- E39 & M5 5-Series 1997-2002 (some models require key blade HU92)
- E38 7-Series 1995-2002 (some models require key blade HU92)
- E31 8-Series 1990-1998
- The Remote (buttons) are compatible with BMW's Factory Alarm or Keyless Entry Systems with part number: LX8 FZV (315MHz). It will NOT work with the Original "Alpine" separate FOB!
- Please verify / compare your original key with the blade shown in the picture. We do offer a different key for the models using the HU92 key blades.
What you need to know before you buy:
- The key will need to be cut at an automotive locksmith to match your original key. Our locksmith can cut it for $29.95.
- It is ready to be programmed to the factory system with the 315MHz. Instructions included.
- It comes with a replaceable SONY CR2032 battery.
- Finally, you will need to program the Transponder chip (PCF7935) to your EWS module to be able to start the car. Or you can remove the T-Chip from your original key and install it inside this key only if it looks like the one shown in the picture.
- The programming can be done by a professional that has the correct tools / programs to do so. Please note that the Dealer will NOT cut nor program aftermarket keys. We do offer this service for a discounted price if needed.
- For more information, please call 1-888-526-5551.
This is an aftermarket flip key remote built for BMW vehicles. United Auto Security is not affiliated with BMW.